Madison Elementary School opened its doors to students in September, 1952. There were three primary teachers and a teaching Principal. All four classrooms were full and a waiting list of kindergarten children was established after the kindergarten reached sixty students. In September, 1953, three more classrooms were added and Madison School added double sessions to accommodate Riverside's rapidly increasing population. By 1956, six more classrooms were added and the enrollment soared to 580 students. The second grade students were all bused to Mountain View Elementary School. In 1958, the school library was created and a part-time librarian added to the Madison staff. During the summer of 1967, Palm School closed its doors and many of the students were transferred to Madison for the 1976-77 school year. Beginning in the 1987-88 school year, our school received students from the Woodcrest, Orangecrest and Mockingbird Canyon areas of Riverside. With the completion of new schools within the school district, Madison was then able to serve students residing within our own attendance boundaries. Madison currently has an enrollment of 740. A full-time Principal and Teacher on Special Assignment work closely with the parents, staff and students to maintain a safe, learning-centered environment.